Monday, February 9, 2009

The Valentines Star




Hello all thanks for stopping by, today I have some great news about something amazing happening this weekend just in time for Valentines. On Friday I visited my local planetarium. After watching their star shows, that keep getting better and better, the first thing I saw was "Star Gazer” a show that happens to be a weekly television series dealing with naked eye astronomy. FYI I highly recommend to watch it! It is available through the PBS channel,and each weekly episode features selected objects for naked eye viewing that will inform viewers on whats to look for in the following week to come.
Now this time’s focus is best seen this Saturday, great just in time for Valentine’s Day, and I must say I'm very excited to meet Betelgeuse! Who’s that?... Betelgeuse happens to mark the shoulder blade of the Orion hunter constellation. In fact just to give you an idea of how big this star is compare Betelgeuse with our own sun, and you get something so humongous you can fit about 160 million Suns inside it!
So if ya happen to be out of ideas this Valentines and want to bring out your hidden passion for astronomy especially this year that happens to be a national celebration share this lovely sight with your sweetie.Hurry on and grab a blanket, some chocolate and maybe a good telescope.
Make sure you look up from 8-9PM towards the southern highest point above the horizon. You really can’t miss it a giant pulsating red shinning star, romantic indeed.
As I promised I will keep y'all on alert, if there are any further happening in our skies you’ll be the first to know, although Id stick around because very soon I will be revealing the ten telescopes best rated by both amateur, professionals, and enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment