Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day My Followers

WEll Hello my fellow Star gazers! This is V here it's been quite a while since I updated my spot, yet I am excited to say that today is Earth Day a very special commemorative day in which we should always continue to think of as everyday! As for our night sky we have lots of activity as we enter the early peek summer nigts. For those who were awake in the wee hours of Dawn you might of been able to see The Lyrid meteor shower ! How does this happen? Earth passes through a stream of debris from Comet Thatcher (C/1861 G1). The best time to look at this is during the hours before dawn on Thursday morning. Forecasters expected as many as 20 meteors per hour! Tonight try it again there has been said that the remains can still be seen in wee hours of the morning in an area with the least light pollution. Also I am very excited to say that NASA has launched an amazing Sun observatory called First Light for the Solar Dynamics Observatory! CHeck it out at the nasa website or just click my post title and it should direct you to there! Thanks so much for staying faithful for almost a year now! I love your support!
Happy Earth Day and Remember......KEEP LOOKIN UP!
celebrate earth day Pictures, Images and Photos

happy days
Vani

No comments:

Post a Comment